Saturday 19 April 2008

Centiles

In our little red baby books we have charts. Babies are meant to follow along a line called a centile.

I wasn't given a red book for ages, partly I think because the practice HV didn't want to plot S's graph but also because they'd run out of them. Anyway Sharon gave me a red book and plotted S's weight.

She was born on the 91st centile and then proceeded to go off the chart- at the bottom- not good. The one thing I will say here is that if this is happeneing to you - you MUST get professional help.

S at14 weeks was just above 0.4th centile. At 17 week she was between 0.4 and 2 where she stayed until she was weighed at 21 weeks when sd gone up to just aboe the 2nd. I'll update centiles next week.

No I hear lots of you say- but these charts are for bottle fed babies- not booby fed, well let me tell you E followed the line at 50 perfectly. I know that not all babies are the same- blah di blah di blah BUT we were in trouble with S's weight and I listened to the scales and did something.

At 3 weeks old the skin on her arms was very loose, and even though she looked heslthy enough we did have a problem.

I will say one thing- if this sounds like you don't even try to go it alone or follow advice off the interweb- you have to get help.

No comments: