Thursday 17 April 2008

5 1/2 months

We've had our ups and downs the last few weeks. I still don't really have any milk and have tried to come off the domperidone again and it affected my milk- to the point where it didn't come back as much as I'd had it before. I spoke to Sharon who said I could try anoter drug but that had casued PND in the past. I ddin't really want to try those as I was in a fairly fragile state of mind anyway after everything I'd been through. I decided instead to drink FEnnel tea and take Milk Thistle.

I also was recommendeda tincture called More Milk Plus. I bought it and tried it for several weeks but it made no difference so I stopped taking it.

Some weeks are really hard, particularly when S is going through a growth spurt as she demands far more than I can produce and she gets very very frustrated and cries a lot. She also won't settle on the boob as there is nothing there.

I would love to know what has caused this but I doubt I ever will.

I am still on 8 domperidone, 9 Fenugreek a day, 3 Milk thistle a day and 2 folic acid a day and at the last weigh in 3 weeks ago S was weighing in at 12 lb 6 oz. I didn't have her weighed last week (we got down to fortnightly weigh ins) as, in discussion with Sharon we decided to hae her weighed monthly due to weight fluctuations from week to week.

There have been many times when I thought the end had come for us breastfeeding but we managed with Sharon's support to carry on. I won't pretend its been easy and there have been many tears and low times but we are nearly at 6 months.

I had really wanted to do Baby Led Weaning with her but having discussed it with Ian we don't think it'll work the same as if I was fully breastfeeding her so I shall do mix and match I think.

No comments: