Thursday 17 April 2008

14 weeks

At 11 weeks Swyn gained 3 ½ oz . Me on Domperidone, Fenugreek and Folic acid and Swyn being supplemented with 180ml of formula a day.

We got to 14 weeks with a pound increase over 3 weeks but very much up and down. 71/2 oz one week, then 1 oz and then 7 ½ oz again. The decision was made for me to slowly come off the domperidone by dropping one tablet a day for 3 days and I would eventually be down to one tablet three times a day and then we’d get Swyn weighed.

The constant weighing has been very hard. Anyway, I was down to 7 tablets a day and knew something was wrong. S wasn’t pooing and I felt ‘empty’ . So I emailed Sharon- I know from past experience that breastfed babies can go without a poo for days but S and I aren’t ‘textbook’ so I was concerned, particularly as she appeared frustrated at the breast. Sharon advised me to up the domperidone, one tablet a day and see how I got on. Anyway I’m back up to the 9 tablets a day. Sharon emailed me the paper by Jack Newman which advised dropping one tablet every 5-7 days. It could take several attempts to come off the tablets without affecting my milk supply.

Sharon has plotted her progress on a chart for me and even though she is still low weight (now on 4th centile- was on 2nd) her height and head are on the 50th centile

No comments: